(sniffing) – Oh, this one kinda smells funny. – Oh yeah, it does kinda smells funny. What do they do with this one? (playful music) – [All] Hello! – My name is James. – I’m Willow. – Crystal. – Siri. – Niko. – [All] Show and Tell! Our favorite books! Yeah! – Of course, if they make
a movie, then, of it, of course, the book is way better. – Close your eyes! – Okay. – Okay, open your eyes. – [All] Ooh! – This book is called Ever
After High: Once Upon A Time. Here’s Ever After High,
that’s the boarding school for the sons and daughters of
the most famous fairy tales. The book is about a girl,
daughter of the evil queen, but Raven Queen doesn’t wanna be evil, because her mother turned her
pet puppy into a bone rat. – What’s a bone rat? – It’s three times the
size of a normal rat, that grows on a diet of bones. – Ew. (sniffing) – Smells papery. (laughing) – How long did it take you to read it? – It took me a week. (hands slap) – Yeah! – Oh, sorry.
(laughing) – Who’s your favorite character? – Kitty, this purple one. She’s a Cheshire cat. – Is the book scary? – Not really, but it has lots of humor. Do you like humor? – [Kids] Yeah! – Then you’re gonna like this book. – Who’s ever read Captain
Underpants before? – Which book is that? – I think it’s two? Captain Underpants and
the Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers? – I thought it was Doctor Poopyhead, not Poopyhead, Doctor– – Doctor Poopypants!
– Yeah! – Question. Question to you, actually. What was your favorite superpower? Mine, personally, was
the unlimited underwear. – Yeah. Mine is the flying power. – One, ’cause I wear mine every month, and then change it,
every month, change it. – Does anybody wanna touch the book? – I’ma smell it, while at it. It smells like apple juice. (laughing) Were you drinking apple
juice while reading this? – It must have been
like, one of my brothers spilling apple juice on it. – This is El Deafo by CeCe Belle, this is based on a true
story of CeCe Belle’s life. She got meningitis when
she was four years old. – What’s meningitis? – It’s a disease that you
can actually die from, your brain can swell, but
she actually survived it and she only lost her hearing. – I’m really happy she survived. – Can I smell it?
– Yeah. Yes, she wears her
bathing suit all the time. – That’s the first thing I find. (laughing) – How does she turn into a superhero? (laughing)
– Well, it’s, it’s actually in her mind, so she believes that she is a superhero, and that she can overcome anything. – I have my own already. I am Ninja Boy! – I am Fire Guy! – I’m Cosmo Queen, riding Jupiter! Giddy-up, giddy-up! – I’m Elbow Girl, and I don’t
really have a super power. Bum, bum, bum! – I am Chocolate Lover! – Wait, like, what’s your super power? You shoot hot fudge at people’s faces? (laughing) – Boom, boom, boom! And the villains go yum yum yum! (laughing)
– Still chocolate! – Thank you, chocolate girl! – This is Roller Girl, and it has the Newbery Honor Reward. – What is it about? – It’s about roller derby. Roller derby’s like a team game where, someone in the back has to
try and go around the arena, but people will try to
block whoever has the star on their helmet. – She has lots of stars on her helmet. – Her helmet was actually
the first thing she got for roller derby. – Is roller derby dangerous? – Yeah, kind of, ’cause
you get bruises and stuff. – Does this book promote violence? – No. – Looks like it in this photo. – She’s fine. (laughing) – Okay! – What the heck is that? – Yeah, it’s a very thick book. – Atlas?
– Obscura. – Have you guys seen an Atlas before? – Nope! – So, it does not have a plot, so basically, there’s apparently like, there’s many places in this book, like, there’s an
ever-lasting lightning storm. – Is it better than Google? – Yeah, it works without Wi-Fi, or data! – And then you don’t need to
pay your internet company! – True that!
– Yay! – True true true true true. – How much do you think it weighs? – I don’t know, two pounds, one pound? – When you get home, you
should probably weigh it. – Ooh, this one’s really cool! – Okay, so there’s a guy– – That’s the cage of death,
except you won’t die. – Ooh, that sounds really fun! – This one’s actually weird. – Oh, that is really weird! – Oh that’s the, it’s like, so basically this thing
apparently like (mumbles) if you do something bad,
people will kinda like, you get devoured, and stuff like that. – That sounds interesting! – Very interesting! – Sounds like cannibalism. – Thank you, Siri! – You’re welcome.
– Thank you, Siri! – [All] Thank you for
watching Show and Tell: Books! Don’t forget to subscribe! Bye!